* Scores killed along Gaza border on Monday amid mass protests over opening of US embassy in Jerusalem
* Grieving Palestinians are staging a general strike as they bury their dead during a day of funerals
* It comes amid claims an eight-month-old baby girl died after inhaling tear gas during the clashes yesterday
* Israel’s ambassador to UK defended yesterday’s use of force saying ‘goal’ of Hamas was ‘to kill Israeli citizens’
* US ambassador to UN Nikki Haley said ally Israel had acted with restraint in face of provocation from Hamas
* Russia says deaths prompt ‘deepest concern’ while UN said it ‘seems anyone is liable to be shot dead’ in Gaza
* The bloodshed has continued today with a Palestinian reportedly ‘killed by Israeli fire’ along the Gaza border
A Palestinian has been killed in yet more bloodshed on the Gaza strip today as the US ambassador to the UN insisted ally Israel has acted with restraint in the face of provocation from Hamas.
The latest death came as thousands of Palestinians gathered to bury their dead after 60 people were killed ‘including a baby who breathed in tear gas’ during protests over the opening of the new US embassy in Jerusalem on Monday.
The violence continued today amid reports a 51-year-old, named as Nasser Ghorab had been hit by Israeli fire east of Bureij in the central Gaza Strip.
Read more ….
Gaza: Nakba day protests as Palestinians bury those killed in embassy unrest – live updates — The Guardian
Gaza protests: All the latest updates — Al Jazeera
Uneasy Calm Falls Over Gaza After Israel Kills Scores at Protests — New York Times
Tension in Gaza as Palestinians begin to bury 58 dead — BBC
Gazans bury dead after bloodiest day of Israel border protests sees 60 killed — ABC News Online
Palestinians bury dead after Gaza-Israel border clashes — CBS
Thousands begin to bury 60 dead as world reacts to Gaza violence — UPI
Gaza residents to bury dead from Israel border protest — DW
Palestinians Halt Protests to Bury Their Dead After 58 Killed on Gaza Border — Time
Gaza protests replaced by funerals as Palestinians mark ‘nakba’ — NBC
UN Security Council set to discuss Gaza after a deadly day — AP
Israel faces diplomatic fallout after dozens killed in Gaza — AP
Gaza’s Al-Shifa Hospital ‘on brink of collapse’ as injuries mount — Al Jazeera
Nikki Haley blames Hamas for violence in Gaza — Politico
Israel faces diplomatic fallout after dozens killed in Gaza — ABC News/AP
In Gaza, Palestinians feel abandoned to their fate by an indifferent world — Ian Black, The Guardian
Five questions on the Gaza border protests — AFP